Whatever the business you are running. The balance sheet of all businesses are the same and includes the same heads. However, the further classification of each category may vary from business to business. But the idea is the same for all businesses.
As explained earlier that balance sheet merely focuses on presenting the company financial details. These details include company assets, liabilities, and stockholders’ equity.
However, there are different types of assets and liabilities. Here comes a difference in businesses to decide what are the current assets of their company. Is the company is having any long-term assets or investments?
The company current assets are mainly cash in hand, net accounts, accounts receivables, inventory, deferred income taxes, and prepaid expenses. However, company property, building, equipment, machinery, furniture, and vehicles also come under the heading of company total assets.
Similarly, the liabilities of companies may vary from business to business. Usually, the business must have long-term and short-term debt, accounts payables, accrued expenses, and accrued income taxes. Further, there are some long-term liabilities as well that adds up to calculate the total liabilities of a business.
The cashier is the backbone of any business whether it is a grocery store or you are running your own restaurant. If the balance sheet is prepared in an excel sheet, it can prevent mistakes and showing daily sales from the specific business as well.
Cashier Balance Sheet Template Excel is preferred as otherwise you might be unable to realize what the sales for specific product and recipe are and therefore you might be unable to give targets to your sales team accurately. It is also required for realizing the potential of the business.
This template can also use during the making of the MIS report. Money in hand can be differentiated with the money earned from sales as on every new day some cash is available to the cashier as he is required to clear out payments to customers.
Some money is generated from specific products while other is earned from bigger items which all can be recognized with the help of a balance sheet. It acts in the same way as it acts for companies.
Cashier Balance Sheet Template Excel Format
Your balance sheet is in typical format however when you are creating this for your cashier, you can add additional columns. This all is done through understanding this sheet as well as other related sheets:
- Multiple Cashiers: your business may consist of multiple cashiers and therefore checking out what is sales made and payments received on a specific counter is required. It can be checked out through excel sheets given to each cashier and with a specific cashier name on it. It is the duty of a selected person to maintain it.
- Daily Sales Checking Effectively: Checking record of sales on daily basis is the responsibility of floor supervisor or manager and these excel template sheets help in recording sales on daily basis and this information is then provided to the responsible person asking for it.
- Cashier Responsible For Cash: No need to worry about cash as the selected cashier is answerable for cash recorded in his excel sheet. This helps in detecting cheats and frauds as well. Cash in hand is matched against cash in drawer at the end of the day.
- Cash Information: each detail is recorded for cash that is the number of coins and notes in the drawer. Transactions made on a specific day and the time is also recorded for transactions.
How Effective are Excel Cashier Balance Sheet?
What is the role of a simple balance sheet in the business? it can be played by excel sheets in all the business. if some cash is missing from the drawer the responsible cashier can be asked for it rather than all the cashiers therefore punishment or rewards are given to the right candidate.
Elements of Casher Balance Sheet Template Excel
- Add notifications in the template.
- Add time for the transactions in the individual column.
- Use formulas to reduce the time for calculation.
- Add information for cash that is a number of notes, coins, and other means of accepting payment.
- Download excel cashier balance sheet in PDF format from this website.
A balance sheet also includes stockholders’ equity. Usually, it includes any retained earnings, capital excess par value, and different types of common stocks.
Let’s understand it with a very simple example of a restaurant business. The assets include everything mentioned above and additionally trademark, furnishings, and kitchen equipment.
While the additional liabilities of a restaurant business includes sales tax, rent, utility bills, income taxes, and employee social security.
Thus, simple businesses like restaurants and real estate businesses can make their balance sheet using a very basic balance sheet template excel.
You can use this spreadsheet template for online document management of cash register and other project management documentation.
What to Include on the Daily Cash Register Balance Sheet?
Two types of daily cash register sheets are already discussed in the previous section with examples. However, there are many types of daily cash registers. The main key in daily cash management is the money transfer mediums. So, more the methods are acceptable to transfer the money, the daily cash sheet will become complex.
The date, cash total for each counter by cashier and supervisor, and over/short factors are the same in all the sheets. However, the name of the cashier, signature, and breakup of rolls and coins can also be included.
Further, some sheet includes cash revenue, e-payment revenue, cost of goods sold, and daily sales parameters as well.Cashier-Balance-Sheet-Template.xlsx (122 downloads)